Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Anticipation

It's hard to really concentrate on any writing this morning. You see, I am a bit of a political nerd. While I have a good idea of how SCOTUS will rule today on DOMA and the Hollingsworth v. Perry Case (California's proposition 8), I still get excited about the process... even when I don't always like the outcome.

I think the Hollingsworth case will be dismissed as improvidently granted and that Section 3 on the DOMA case will be struck down based on Equal Protection... not bold predictions since I've seen that from numerous friends.

But I ramble. The only words that come to mind for me today are from Will Rogers:

"We will never have true civilization until we have learned to recognize the rights of others."

Have a peaceful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment